Financial products


CFI credits will be financial products for the purposes of the Australian Corporations Act 2001 and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001. This means that carbon brokers will be regulated by these Acts, and will need to hold an Australian financial services licence to be able to provide financial advice about, or deal in, carbon credits.

Individuals selling their own carbon credits or buying credits on their own behalf do not need to hold a financial services license.


Carbon Farming Initiative Handbook is accompanied by practical examples for the application of the above mechanisms. As a result it is a very useful tool for market participants and analysts.





We use cookies on our website to support technical features that enhance your user experience and help us improve our website. By continuing to use this website you accept our Privacy Policy.